Our Learning Philosophy
The Treehouse Academy was founded on certain core beliefs:
1) Learning should be joyful.
2) Children deserve an individualized education, where their unique strengths and talents are celebrated.
3) Children who are leaders in the classroom develop the skills and qualities to become leaders in life.
4) Children who struggle early and often find within themselves the courage and strength to grow.
5) Hands-on learning through projects, art, music, and movement is the best way to promote life-long learning.
6) Outdoor education provides invaluable experiences for children and enhances classroom learning.
Here are some resources to dig a little deeper into our learning methods at The Treehouse Academy.
Courage to Grow by Laura Sandefer
The One World Schoolhouse: Education Reimagined, by Sal Khan
The Self-Driven Child, by Ned Johnson and William Stixrud
NurtureShock: New Thinking About Children, by Po Bronson and Ashley Merryman
The Talent Code: Greatness Isn’t Born. It’s Grown. Here’s How., by Daniel Coyle